FAQsWhat you always wanted to know
but were afraid to ask…
Frequently asked questions from clients
HOW CAN HAVING A WEBSITE HELP MY BUSINESS?
- The Internet is searched like a modern day Phone Book for businesses.
- Your business has more legitimacy being online.
- Being online provides an additional way to market your products and/or services
- Having a website allows people to find you from anywhere in the world!
What is the process of building my website?
The process is broken down into 6 basic steps:
- Project Definition – Understanding your business needs
- Research – The foundation that the design and development is based on
- Design – This is where the visual look for your website is planned
- Development – Where the creative vision converts to functionality
- Launch – Where your website goes live after being thoroughly tested for site performance, mobile responsive and ease of use for your visitor
- Maintenance – This is to ensure everything is up to date for your design elements, features, content and security
how much does a website cost?
The cost of a website depends on the unique needs of your business. Though my website projects generally start in the $3,000 range for basic business sites, they can range upward to $10,000 and/or more depending on the number and type of features you require.
Another option is to hire me at my hourly rate of $100 for a minimum of 20 hours and if additional work is needed, it will be in blocks of 5 hours.
how does the payment process work?
he project starts with a 50% deposit. After design sign off and before we move into programming, we collect 25%. Once we have completed and fulfilled our scope, the final 25% is collected and your website is then scheduled for launch.
how long does it take to build a website?
Our standard websites take approximately 120 days to create. Our E-commerce (online store) websites take approximately 160 days to create. This time will vary from project to project.
What platform do you build your website on?
Your site will be built on the WordPress Content Management System (CMS).
WordPress is currently powering 27% of sites on the entire Internet. That’s around 15,886,000 websites.
To create a custom website that accurately reflects you and your business I use the Divi theme from Elegant themes.
Currently, over 500,000 websites are using the Divi Theme.
The Divi Theme is more like a framework, so you can have your website look any way you want!
What kinds of businesses do you work with?
I work with solopreneurs, small businesses and creatives.
Can you help me with my website copy?
Ideally, it would be best for you to provide the content specific to you and your business. However, for an additional charge, I can create new copy or edit your existing copy so that the words will be the most effective to speak to your visitors and support your business goals.
Can you help me with my website images?
Ideally, it would be best for you to provide the high definition photos for your business website. However, I can provide you with an agreed number of stock images that visually represent you and your business.
do i own my website?
YES! Everything that is built will be 100% owned by you. If for any reason you decide you want to take your site to another hosting service and get another company to service the site, I can assist you in making the transition.
Should you have any other questions or would like more information about my services, please contact me.